Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:22:56 AM EDT
I find the adjustment of the front sight ( 1 click about 4.8 cm @100 m) a little bit coarse. I'm thinking to file 4 extra slots on the front sight post so that I would have 1 click = 2.4 cm. Does it make sense to you?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
hey Paolo! did you get your Colt??

if so...congrats!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I find the adjustment of the front sight ( 1 click about 4.8 cm @100 m) a little bit coarse. I'm thinking to file 4 extra slots on the front sight post so that I would have 1 click = 2.4 cm. Does it make sense to you?

Depends.  If you have the round front sight post I don't see an issue (the clicks will be 1/2 moa for a 20" barrel - meaning you could zero within 1/4" at 100y).

It won't work with the square front sight post as  turing the post halfway would give you a WIDER front sight and you'd lose the flat (non glare) surface so desired for precision shooting (which is the only reason for the finer adjustments).

If you're looking for a fine precison match rifle - replace the sights with fine precision match sights.  Otherwise you might as well keep it as is.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top