Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 7:41:40 PM EDT
I have a TA01NSN and some times, under the right lighting conditions, niether the black or the amber cross hairs are visable.

Is this ever a problem with the red cross hairs?

I tend to notice it most just after dawn and just before dusk.

Any input is appreciated.

Kris
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a TA01 and have never expereinced a situation where I could not see the reticle.  Some day (hopefully soon) I will throw a JPoint on it, that seems like the ultimate combo...TA01 for precision and JPoint for CQB.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a TA01 and have never expereinced a situation where I could not see the reticle.  Some day (hopefully soon) I will throw a JPoint on it, that seems like the ultimate combo...TA01 for precision and JPoint for CQB.

Thanks. Do you ever shoot at sunup or sunset?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, under certain condtions the very fine reticle of the TA01/TA01NSN can be lost. The new reticle of the TA31-DOC solves this problem by illuminating  the first  few lines of the BDC stadia full time via the fiber optics.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I find this is common for the TA01 series.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes, under certain condtions the very fine reticle of the TA01/TA01NSN can be lost. The new reticle of the TA31-DOC solves this problem by illuminating  the first  few lines of the BDC stadia full time via the fiber optics.

I am trying to decide between a TA01 and the DOC.  I am a little afraid of the DOC becasue my TA31 sometimes is too bright in full sunlight.  The reticle blurs or gets fuzzy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Full-Auto

You lose the red as well?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#7]
As the new TA31-DOC reticle is basically just an illuminted version of the very fine NSN reticle I do not believe that blooming of the ret. will be a problem. I believe that Trijicon DID make a good choice with this new model. For the first time it allows own to fully use the BDC without having to search for it. Keep in mind, as of now although, only the 100m & 200M stadia are full time illuminated. Now if they would just illuminate the whole stadia out to 600M.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#8]

As the new TA31-DOC reticle is basically just an illuminted version of the very fine NSN reticle I do not believe that blooming of the ret. will be a problem.

According to the Trijicon website (which has been wrong before) the TA31DOC uses a chevron reticle and not the NSN reticle.

I've seen that with the TA01NSN - what happens is that the reticle is illuminated by the tritium to where it is just bright enough that it matches the background light level. Since the illumination is a faint amber and most outdoor lighting is also yellow - the reticle just disappears or turns light gray.

I think you would have a little more use with the red illumination just because there is less outdoor red illumination for it to blend into.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Trijicon's web site is incorrect--check out the SHOT show pics. and the thread on the TA31DOC.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:37:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Full-Auto

You lose the red as well?

Not clear on what you mean. Sometimes it takes you a few seconds to see clearly focus on the black recticle. In low light, it is easier to focus on the illuminated recticle. Not an issue with the donut or checron red recticle in my experience.

Full-Auto
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top