Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:35:21 PM EDT
I just purchased my first ar. Its a stag and the upper came with an eotech holo sight. I am trying to identify it. It is either the 552 or the 512. How do you tell the 2 apart? i can provide pictures it it would help thank you.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The 551 is about an inch shorter, but if you open the battery compartment you will know soon enough. The smaller batteries, or N-Type 1.5 v ( Do Not use the similar size 12 v or you will most likely fry it and void the warranty of 2 years ). The model 512 has AA batteries.

551 = N-Type 1.5v batteries
512 = AA batteries

Edit: I had 552 listed earlier, both the 551 and 552 also have a button that says NV ( Night Vision ) and I believe has 10 NV reticle settings and 20 settings for normal daylight.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe both the 552 and 512 are the same dimensions with the same AA batteries.  Since the 552 is night vision compatible it should have the "NV" button in the middle of the control panel.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]

they both look exactly like this the only difference you will notice is that on the 552 the middle button will have NV on it and when you push it, it will dim the reticle for NV use
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top