Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:53:04 PM EDT
ok so im going to purchase an eotech here is my delima is it worth the extra $ to go for the 552. are the only differences the NV capability and the submersion depths. I could almost get a larue QD mount for the price difference. so what are you thoughts and/or experiences.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you going to be using night vision with your EOTech? Are you going to be diving with you rifle?

If the answer is "no" to either of those questions, then your answer is the 512.  

I just a 512 after having several 551s and 552s, and since I never use night vision with them and I never dive with them, I used that extra money for a LaRue mount. I couldn't be happier with my decision.  What it comes down to is why pay for something you won't be using?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not where you are getting your EOtech sight at, but when I surfed around to check prices I found at nightvisionsales.com has them listed with about a $ 67.00 difference then say the next in line like the 512 model ( no NV or other goodies ), that is if you are looking at the AA factor of batteries involved. Take a look at the 551 there also, and it is listed as the same price as the 512, and the 551 has the NV and other features as the 552. I have the 551 and the few things that are different than the 552 are overall length and the 551 takes the 1.5v N-type batteries versus the 552 model using AA lithium, alkaline or rechargeable batteries. I also have ordered the 552 because I like the extended battery time over the 551, and since I have played and zeroed my 551 model on my flat-top AR Bushy, I am going to get another EOtech for my other M4 Bushy because of the excellent sight that it is. So I will get the 552 model next week and the difference is not too much to me or I would get another 551. A good note here for you, I did not order from nightvisionsales.com because if you go to opticsplanet.com you can actually talk to a customer rep AND they will match the prices and free scopecoat also. They also matched the prices in regards to the 552, except for the mount that I wanted. Sorry for the rambling, but maybe this will help you save some cash. My opinion of the 551 is that is one of the best sights that I have used and I am extremely happy with this sight, so I know I will be loving the 552 as much as the 551 that I just received.  Hope this helped, and whether you get a 551 or 552, check with opticsplanet.com because you can talk to someone to see if they are in stock, and they will match prices to nightvisionsales.com, at least with me they did.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
^
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top