Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:38:25 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster AR15 have flat top,  mount I have now for aimpoint compml2 is to low need some kind of riser any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What type of mount is it? Post pics.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a KAC 30mm Aimpoint mount -NIW and Box- that I'm looking to get rid of for well under $100.  Just traded my Aimpoint for an Eotech...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Graywolf...allow me to assume your current AP mount is not any type of cantilevered mount that raises the AP unit much above the receiver.  And, that what you now see when looking through the AP is lots of front sight and not much else.

If this is the case, your assessment is correct in needing to raise the AP above the integral rail on your Bushy flat top.  (I have the BM XM15E2S, myself...)  

I recently purchased a GG&G scout rail to mount on my receiver, in hopes of being able to co-witness my fixed front sight and GG&G MAD flip-up, rear BUIS in the bottom third of the sight picture when looking through my new AP.  Well...sadly, since the mount for my AP is the GG&G Cantilevered mount, the addition of the scout rail in combination with the cantilevered mount is too much height and I'm not able to use the scout rail, now.  (Want to keep the cantilevered AP mount...don't need the scout rail.)

I believe, if your AP mount does not raise your AP high enough, that the scout rail I no longer need would be perfect for your purposes.  Please IM me if you'd like to discuss this further.  I'd make you a heck of a deal on it.  

Best regards,
Bailagent100
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]
If his Aimpoint mount is the stock low ring, then yes, your GG&G fire rail or whatever they call it will probablyl work well- just like having one of the ARMS forends...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
QRP needs a 11.00 riser?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top