Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 4:07:18 AM EDT
I found a local shop that has a great price on a 2 year old TA01 that looks perfect. How well would this work on a 16" barreled upper flatop? I prefer crosshairs for this particular rifle, but not sure how the reticle works out from a shorter tube. He is asking $525 for scope, no mount.

I may buy it anyway

Thanks,
HS
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
cool, I'm going to go for it. I will have to get a mount later.

Thanks,
HS
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It will work fine with a little bit of practice.  The BDC is set up for 62g bullets out of a 14.5 barrel in the NSN model and 62g out of a 20 in for the non NSN model.  All you will have to do is spend some time at the range figuring out where you are hitting with the longer barrel and/or shorter barrel.

I have a TAO1NSN on my SPRish weapon, I have not dedicated enough time to it other than to confirm that I can hit man sized targets out to 300 yards with no problems using 77g ammo.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The TA01 is calibrated for M193 out of a 20" barrel and mounted on the carry handle.  It will work good enough from a 16" flattop.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top