Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:37:12 PM EDT
Before I start I will say that I Did check out the tacked threads but the one I need is not working so here goes.  I have a Bushmaster M4 w/removeable handle, I am about to order a Red Dot sight and am not sure of what mount to order with it, the two options are a low mount and a cantilever (high) mount.  My best guess would be the cantilever because that should elevate the scope so that it is more in line with the front post.  Is this wrong?  Being new to this type of Optic don't I want the Red Dot to be in line with the Top of the front post?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you use that scope without the rear sight?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  I just got the AR bug last spring and have been doing minor upgrades since then.  Unfortuneately acquiring AR-15 gear/upgrades/ammo etc. is a habit more expensive than drugs!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top