Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2006 12:56:06 AM EDT
What CQB scopes and red dot optics will work with the fixed front A2 FSB? I have a flat top upper.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
serious?

with that many post i figured you would have ran across at least one aimpoint/eotech thread
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You registered less than a year before me and have 3 times as many posts. Kettle? Meet pot.

Nevermind about the question. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]
dont quite follow what you typed but i see all sorts of threads that would answer your question.

all pretty much have these words in them....

aimpoint
eotech
co-witness
rare but tripower
reddot
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
dont quite follow what you typed but i see all sorts of threads that would answer your question.

I tried getting a “tacked” optics thread going but it petered out and never went any where.     I see threads all the time that would benefit from such a thread.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Something like "The Big Bad CQB Optics Thread" would be well suited for this forum.
I have been trying to find a good collection of exterior photos, reticle photos, and different mount configurations for some of the more popular CQB optics. they are out there, but it's all spread out.

It appears my Tier 1 choice would be the ACOG, followed by the Tripower and Trijicon Reflex w/ polarizing filter. I've actually grown fond of the Reflex sight on my PS90: no batteries and its rugged.

Tier 2 would be the Aimpoint and EOTech w/ LaRue lever mounts. These use batteries and are useless w/o battery power.

However, all of these are WAY over my budget. I think I will stick with iron sights. I know it may be more difficult for carbine classes though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#6]
OKO
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
However, all of these are WAY over my budget. I think I will stick with iron sights. I know it may be more difficult for carbine classes though.

Have you looked at the SPOT (in particulary Photoman's thread on his S.P.O.T testing?)

I'd suggest taking a look-see.

And if you do run one through a class, please give us an AAR.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have any experience with an ACOG.  Although, from what I've gathered the word CQB and ACOG do not belong in the same category.  I can say with much confidence that it does not belong in the top 10 of the category "Best CQB Optic".  The universal opinion of the Reflex is the problem of washout of the reticle.  You are using one currently and if it is not a problem for you, it seems to be a viable choice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I do not have a trijicon reflex, but the Ring Sights MC-10-80 is a close relative I would say. While it's horrible for certain conditions you can at least resort to iron sights on the PS90 that are right next to it.
Now, the Reflex w/ the polarizing filter is supposed to work a lot better.

Anyhow, i thought the BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept) would make the 4x32 TA31 ACOGs work well for CQB since it sort of zooms out while you acquire a target and zooms in when you stop?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyhow, i thought the BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept) would make the 4x32 TA31 ACOGs work well for CQB since it sort of zooms out while you acquire a target and zooms in when you stop?

It works well enough.  I wouldn't have a problem recommending one if you have a need for some magnification.  A TA50-2 (3x triangle reticle) with a LaRue mount is a nice setup...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It works well enough.  I wouldn't have a problem recommending one if you have a need for some magnification.  A TA50-2 (3x triangle reticle) with a LaRue mount is a nice setup...

I'd second that set up, very nice indeed
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What CQB scopes and red dot optics will work with the fixed front A2 FSB? I have a flat top upper.

I've beenb wondering this lately myself.  I realize that the aimpoint and eotech are obvious answers, but what about the other options?

Leupold MR/T?

Accupoint?

Leupold CQ/T?

Would these work?  I'm guessing with the magnification set higher it would be fine, but will the front sight show up when set to 1.25x with the accupoint?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top