Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:07:02 PM EDT
Has anyone got any info or experiences on the new TASCO Aimpoint Clone.  I checked one out at Cabelas today and it seems well made.  I have always had relative success with Tasco optics.

Heres a link.. its not on TASCO's website yet
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712&id=0037646712541a&navCount=1&podId=0037646&parentId=cat320001&navAction=push&catalogCode=IG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat320001&hasJS=true
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
150 bucks for a 5moa red dot? I am way too happy with my 4 moa M2 clone from the EE for only 70 bucks to my door. the Tasco is damn ugly and too high priced but whatever floats your boat....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you find a clone for $70.  I just felt at least with a Tasco you have a familiar name.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where did you find a clone for $70.  I just felt at least with a Tasco you have a familiar name.

Info here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=258960

This is my sons Aimpoint clone.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to the EE and find a thread from JackyXsd or somethng to that effect. I've got one and it is a solid piece but I have not shot it yet.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I can sell them  for 75
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Heres a link.. its not on TASCO's website yet
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712&id=0037646712541a&navCount=1&podId=0037646&parentId=cat320001&navAction=push&catalogCode=IG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat320001&hasJS=true

<start Crocodile Dundee impression>That's not a link. THIS is a link.<end art Crocodile Dundee impression>
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Cabelas isn't always the cheapest place to buy stuff.  I have seen it for just over $100 ($112 at MidSouth).  I'm leaning toward that one myself since it has a lifetime warranty and since I feel better about Tasco being in business 5 years down the road vs someone on ebay.

BTW - I read every freakin rediculous post about the Burris, the SPOT, the ebay clones, the Hakko Chinese, the Hakko Japanese models .etc and my bet is all of these are coming out of one factory somewhere in Asia.  Difference will be service and support after the fact.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:09:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
BTW - I read every freakin rediculous post about the Burris, the SPOT, the ebay clones, the Hakko Chinese, the Hakko Japanese .......................

Pretty harsh words to describe informative posts that members here put together in their spare time. Posts that many members gain valuable info from.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
That don't look like an aimpoint.(no seriously it doesn't)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#10]
yeah, that's a SPOT ( or whatever it is) Clone.

So, it's a clone of a clone.  WOW!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BTW - I read every freakin rediculous post about the Burris, the SPOT, the ebay clones, the Hakko Chinese, the Hakko Japanese .......................

Pretty harsh words to describe informative posts that members here put together in their spare time. Posts that many members gain valuable info from.

Have you read the posts I'm referring to??  Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of informative and objective posts here that I have relied on myself and sincerely appreciate.  Problem in the threads I refer to above is that there is little information and a lot of bickering between the Aimpoint and clone crowds.  

Photoman and some others have gone to great lengths to put together useful information as you stated, but a lot more have chimed in with distracting, antagonistic, irrelevant info (kind of like where this is going... sorry Hitman!!).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
................but a lot more have chimed in with distracting, antagonistic, irrelevant info

That I agree with 100%. That seems to be a growing problem around here in all the forums.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#13]
so THEORATICALLY...LOL...what mount would be needed with this sight for a cowitness on a flat top? LOL
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top