Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:39:20 AM EDT
Will a GG&G Aimpoint Cantilever Ring (or any other 1/2" riser) provide me with a perfect co-witness or a lower 1/3 co-witness?

Rifle:            Bushy A3 receiver
Front Sight: Standard fixed front sight
BUIS:          ARMS # 40 flip up Rear Sight
Red Dot:      HAKKO TAC I

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

(Yes I know, I'm putting a $175 scope mount on a $100 scope.  Can't afford the real thing yet and don't feel like getting into a TACPOINT / AIMPOINT pissing match)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody....Anybody?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It will be closer to the center than the lower 1/3, I think.

See this thread for mount height info:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=134&t=141313
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Will a GG&G Aimpoint Cantilever Ring (or any other 1/2" riser) provide me with a perfect co-witness or a lower 1/3 co-witness?

Rifle:            Bushy A3 receiver
Front Sight: Standard fixed front sight
BUIS:          ARMS # 40 flip up Rear Sight
Red Dot:      HAKKO TAC I

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

(Yes I know, I'm putting a $175 scope mount on a $100 scope.  Can't afford the real thing yet and don't feel like getting into a TACPOINT / AIMPOINT pissing match)

I am not sure about this, but I'll give it a shot. I do not the model of the ARMS 40 rear sight that you have, because there are a few different ones. Example: ARMS 40 low profile stand alone, the ARMS 40 L SP ( same plane aperature ), the ARMS 40 std A2, and the slim ARMS 40 L low profile also available in same plane aperature. But since you have a Bushmaster A3 check their web site out about the ARMS 40 sight they have just upped in price. They are suggesting due to the aperture height, they suggest ordering the .040 front sight to match. I have the ARMS 40 low profile stand alone and I paid the few dollars in a larger order to get it ( .040 front sight ) and experiment and it helped. I have 2 Bushmasters, and also like yours an A3 flat top.
Hope this is of any help.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top