Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:57:38 AM EDT
Came across this while searching for some glass for my AR. Thought someone might be interested in it for the price.

Part#: 009-MNT0950    Category: Scope Mounts & Rings
AR-15 Tactical Mount
Description:  
• New Style Upper Rail System
• Four Accessory Mounting Positions
• Weaver Style Mount
• Deluxe Tactical Weaver Style Rings
• One Piece Body
• Fits on the Carry Handle
• Mount Scope, Flashlight, Laser, etc.
Discount Price:  $44.99
Sale Price: $19.99
Savings: $25.00

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/detail.asp?product_id=009-MNT0950

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/images/ScopeMounts-Rings/MNT0950_AR15TacticalMnt.jpg

Gordon
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]
looks crappy

imo,

too high to mount a scope and still have a proper cheek weld
weight
stability
probably poorly made since its so cheap.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#2]
$20? Try it out. Maybe its great and its the best buy ever. Then again, maybe not :)

I'll stick to my $200 Larue SPR mount for now.
Cons: expensive
Pros: will last forever, will command resale value of at least 75% of purchase price, returns to zero, etc.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
It's made in China by Leapers.  I'm thinking of getting one to mount my NcStar reflex sight on for co-witness with my iron sights.  It's going to be China-tastic!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's made in China by Leapers.  I'm thinking of getting one to mount my NcStar reflex sight on for co-witness with my iron sights.  It's going to be China-tastic!  

ncstar and leapers, together it doesnt get any better!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, I sorta was joking and sorta wasn't.  I do have the NcStar reflex sight I linked, and I have an NcStar carry handle mount for it as well.   It actually makes a good combo for those of us on a fixed budget that want a reflex sight.  Even though it's made in China (usually means junk), the green laser is very easy to see in the daytime, and the carry handle mount linked above I got at the same time is the tightest-fitting and best-made see-though mount I have ever seen.  It fit in tightly and hasn't moved a bit.  It even has a sloped contour edge poking out that rests along the top of the handle itself and lends more stability.  If the mount is tight, and your handle's tight, it's not going anywhere, and it looks nice.

I was sorta being mean and poking fun at a cheap mount above ("China-tastic" and all), but if it's as nice as this mount I have (also made in China), it may be worth a go.  Cheap doesn't always mean cheaply-made.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#6]
green laser?  you mean the reticle is green or you also have a green chinese laser?  

If the latter is true, sounds like you are addicted to junk.

Nothing wrong with not having a big budget but there is definitely something wrong with wasting a small budget on junk.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]

green laser? you mean the reticle is green or you also have a green chinese laser?

I mean the red dot is actually a red OR green dot, each with 3 brightness settings  (depending on which way you rotate the wheel).  I really like it, even though it only cost 25 bucks.  I know, that's 3 boxes of WWB value pack ammo, but it was worth the cost, IMO.  Here's a review on it:

home.comcast.net/~ldrendall/dgz/IAL/reviews/review_ncstar_red_green_dot_sight.html

EDIT: The only thing I don't like about it (except that it was made in China) is that there is no conceivable way to get it to co-witness with my iron sights.  The laser projector box thingy on the back is too fat/high up and blocks the whole front sight post when I attach it to my top hanguard picatinny rail.  I may seriously get that rail in the first post to try with it...  I still suspect its badonkadonk will be too big and block the sight picture, though, even with the step-down carry handle mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top