Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:27:48 PM EDT
of course after I purchase my first ar, the rra tac car a4. and an aimpoint ml3 with the low ring (so it will co-wittness). I find this site and start reading about how alot of people seem to dislike this setup or at least the tactical carry handle. what problems am i going to run into with this setup? any input would be appriciated thank you

side note: I really only plan on using this set-up for rabbit/varmit hunting and plinkinghttp://C:\Documents
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:32:49 AM EDT
[#1]
it works but the mount used is made of potmetal and isnt all that strong when it comes to abuse.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:02:26 AM EDT
[#2]
It will be fine for this things you are doing.  I do not prefer it, but if you already have it, use it, it will work fine.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you in Iraq fighting insurgents everyday or defending freedom on foreign soil?

If not, that set up is mroe than adequate.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:07:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the biggest beef most folks have is that it is INCREDIBLY limiting...  (But then so is my Dominator)

It was designed strictly for the Aimpoint with X-wide ring, and doesn't work well with much of anything else.

Having said that, if that's what you intended to use anyway, it's perfect!  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top