Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 1:33:46 PM EDT
what is "paralax free" mean.
1. with red dots does that mean the dot stays on target regradless of the angle of my head position?
2. how does it work with magnified scopes. is parralax what cause the "shadow" when i move my head closer or further to the scope or is that "eye relief"
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
you got it right with #1
the EOTech is paralax free .... you can have the dot (aiming point) any where in the window and that is where it will hit.
Some cheap red dot sights you must have the dot centered for it so shoot  where you want
for a normal scope if you have it focused you can look threw it and move your head and the cross hairs don't move . hope that helps

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you got it right with #1
the EOTech is paralax free .... you can have the dot (aiming point) any where in the window and that is where it will hit.
Some cheap red dot sights you must have the dot centered for it so shoot  where you want
for a normal scope if you have it focused you can look threw it and move your head and the cross hairs don't move . hope that helps

Invisiblesoul

Kind of, Parallax free only means there's no parallax error wrt the where you see the red dot and where the *optic* is pointing.  You still have parallax error between the trajectory of the bullet and the line of sight of the optic.  Some people think parallax free means the red dot is always on the point of impact but until the make a rangfinding optic that automatically adjusts elevation, that's not so.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top