Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2006 7:19:52 PM EDT
I'm looking for advice/input on what members might comsider the best Quad-Rail Handguard for an M4 Style A2 rifle!! I've looked at Surefire, A.R.M.S. SIR, Bushmaster's own, Yankee Hill Machine and many others but I haven't been able to decide yet!! PLEASE HELP!! Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!! I'm just starting out my first build and I want it to look good but I also want it to be durable and functional!!

hainsawkill.gif
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used Surefire, Daniel Defense, Samson, and LaRue.  The larue and samson had the best rails as far as picatiny? size and hardness.  The surefire and dd picatiny size were smaller and the material seemed softer and would dent easier.  The dd, surefire, and larue all seemed fairly light weight.  The surefire is not freefloat and the top rail is not receiver height for flat tops, so if you ever wanted to mount an eotech or similar in front of the carry handle it would sit too low.
The larue was my favorite.  It was very sturdy (mounted and material/finish), the rails are sized correctly, and the number one reason for me was that it is similar in circumference to standard carbine handguards.  
These are just the one's I've used and the opinions/observations of a non-military/non-law enforcement user.  I have gone back to standard carbine handguards because they are lighter, you do not have to worry about banging up any rails, and there are alternatives for sling and flashlight mounting where rails are not needed.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top