Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2006 2:44:52 PM EDT
I got a compact ACOG in a trade and it came with a standard flat top mount. I don't want to mount it on a carry handle but would like it to mount a little higher than the front sight post. Any suggestions? Would the TA60 work? It looks higher. thanks for replies.

www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=226&back_row=4&categoryID=4
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The Larue Compact ACOG throw lever mount would be another great choice besides the TA60. The TA60 does sit higher than the TA51 flat-top mount you have.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#2]
My bad guys.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Boom you read my post correctly. I do not want to mount it on a carry handle. I have looked at teh Ta60 and the LaRue and I will probably go with the LaRue.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
So is the larue compact mount made to put the reticle at the same height as a full size acog?

I would be very interested in knowing how it turns out with cheekweld and front sight blur because I'm looking at the same setup.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I know using the low mount(TA51 ?) there is some blur from teh front sight but it really not that bad. I was hoping to avoid any blur but I am not sure if the TA60 or LaRue mount will get rid of all of it. I really do not want to mount on top of a carry handle but it may be the only sure fix to the blur problem.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top