Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:36:42 PM EDT
New to optics in general.
Same situation of information before money down. Hope not apples vs oranges type of question.

Use an ACOG for the long shots and like  the "no battery" .

Colt LE 6520 on its way and will get type of mount the has neck to sit in front of carry handle.
Appreciated all the information on the EoTech.

How does the Trijicon Reflex compare for 25 yd use.

Again hope not an apples vs oranges but appreciate information before placing order and not having the chance for hands on use before deciding.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If you dont have a flattop upper an Eotech will work on a gooseneck mount, but an ACOG wont(eye relief issue)
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Understand that. ACOG is designated for one AR.

Now looking at either Trijicon Reflex vs EoTech for the other AR and closer sighting.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I would get the Eotech over reflex!

arms 39 goose neck wont work with eotech or reflex?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would get the Eotech over reflex![/qtuoe]

I dumped my Reflex for EOTechs.  I much prefer my AA powered EOTechs.

arms 39 goose neck wont work with eotech or reflex?

No.

Might as well use the Reflex's own goosneck mount.  It mounts the optic at the right height and is lighter than other options.  It works fairly well.

However the Reflex uses a curved lens to minimize parallax issues, but in doing so it distorts the sight picture a little bit.  Using the irons with the Reflex installed vs the Reflex removed produces a different point of impact.  The EOTech doesn't have this issue.

Of course if you don't like batteries - why not get a Compact ACOG and mount it to the carry handle?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top