Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:11:01 PM EDT
Hey guys I'm kicking around some ideas for sights. I have a A-2 20 inch barrel bushmaster. My needs with this sight is basically pretty simple. I want a good sight for SHTF situations (this is the most important reason that I have for it). The next is just plinking. I on a rare occasion will go target shooting (is a aimpoint good for this or would a scope serve me better). I don't shoot competielly or do these 3 guns that people talk about. I wanted a ACOG but I shit my pants when I seen the prices of them. I don't shoot at anything past 100 yards. So with this information guys what would be the best aimpoint for my needs and my gun. I wish I had gotten the A-3 (detachable carry handle) but I did'nt. Right now I have a $30 red dot sight on the carry handle. It works but it is kind of a pain in the rear because it sits up so high but it works. Any links of places that sell these would be a great help as I have no clue as to what they cost (from what I gather there less than the ACOG's). Thanks for your help. BTW do these things work just like a red dot sight. I really don'tknow dick about optics. But I'm starting to read all of the tacks here. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
read through all the threads and do a search on aimpoint.

there is no specific aimpoint for your needs since all aimpoints are basically the same with slight differences and specs but all are basically a red dot.

what you are looking for is either a replacement upper reciever or a gooseneck mount to put the red dot above the handguards but lower than mounting in the actual carry handle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to aimpoints web site and I'm leaning towards to comML3 any clue as to how much these cost?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]
have you tried the eqipment exchange?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont know a thing about buying off of the EE. I'm kind of a FTF guy myself. I'm really over paraniod that someone will rip me off. I honestly never bought anything online in my life. And it will not be hard to rake me over the coals one bit. Hell a 5th grade could rip me off and I wouldnt even know it until its to late. I know that cuts me out of alot of good finds but I the type of a NO RISK person.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:15:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Do not be afraid to deal with any of the site supporters advertising on the site. They are top notch individuals or they would not last here a day.

As far as dealing with other site members, yes you are taking a small risk. My advice would be, if you see an item for sale by another site member make note of their name and search for them in the feedback section. If they are a long time member with good standing then contact them and make an offer. I have dealt a few times with other members and each time was a smooth, honest transaction.

If your unsure about a dealer advertising on the site, they have feedback threads as well. Good luck!

Quib
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are nervous about buying from the EE, just understand that you will possibly/probably pay more at a brick and mortar store.  Most local gunshops don't specialize in black rifle "stuff".
The Equipment Exchange has individuals and dealers.  The dealers have done a lot of business here, and have a reputation to protect.  I have no problem buying from them.  They specialize in what you are buying.
Individuals I ask a lot of questions.  If they are willing to take a moment to answer a few Q's, then they are probably okay.  If they get snotty (i.e. "You want it or not!") I usually just thank them and move on.  There is a feed back forum.
I have never had a bad deal from here.  Just use common sense.  It isn't much different than a mail order catalogue.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top