Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:07:45 PM EDT
was wondering how the dot on an aimpoint looks when the lenses get wet or partially obstructed...similar to an EOTech? or does the sight become unuseable?

anyways,,,,,how tough is the lens? I cant imagine it could take the impacts that an Eotech could take on the lens directly.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
The front cover can be closed on the Aimpoint and it will still function just fine. Ever seen the Armson OEG?

As far as lens strength, I’ve never heard of, or seen here any reports here of a cracked Aimpoint lens. But of course that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.  I've never personally looked into it, but I don’t think the Aimpoint lens is as thick as the EOTechs.

Quib
(Recent EOTech to Aimpoint convert.)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#2]
The sight picture can be distracting with water on the lenses, but only because we're used to looking through it without water drops, it takes but a few minutes of getting used to.  I resisted wiping the water from my TA31F because I wanted to get used to it, also it would have been futile as it was pouring rain for hours that day

I know it's not an Aimpoint but you get the idea
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I am trying to decide if I should go to an Aimpoint because I feel that the single dot is faster than the dual reticle on the Eotech,,

Is the Aimpoint still usable if the lens become obstructed like what Eotech advertises on their website?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Obstructed... yes.  Partially destroyed... I doubt it.  If you take a bullet through the objective your optic working is the least of your worries.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top