Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 11:02:25 PM EDT
what mount to cowitness the matech with an aimpoint? i want the dot right on top of front sight post ( don't I?? ) I do not have money to make mistakes when buying the mount. what is better, lower 1/3 or middle??
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if an height adjustable mount would ever gain popularity?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
lower third has less obstructed view through the optic.

larue tactical tall or cantilever would be my first choice
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what mount to cowitness the matech with an aimpoint? i want the dot right on top of front sight post ( don't I?? ) I do not have money to make mistakes when buying the mount. what is better, lower 1/3 or middle??

+1 Lower 1/3 has less obstructed view.

The Aimpoint QR mount sold by Aimpoint have an available accessory lower shim to raise the scope up.

If you're not sure what cowitness you prefer, try it first at your dealer before buying it.

For the lower 1/3, the LaRue mounts are a good choice.

If you are going to use a 3X magnifier or NV in the future the LaRue cantilever model is better so you have more room for the other optic.

I'm using the lower 1/3 with a KAC straight mount and KAC BUIS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top