Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 5:46:51 PM EDT
I bought an used Eotech off of another board, the model number escapes me but it take the N batteries and is NV capable.
Seller said it worked fine, just a few cosmetic dings. So I bought some batteries for it today and it won't turn on Why Why Why, I bought more batteries and tried new ones I switched up the batteries and still

I contacted the seller a few minutes ago to hopefully get some light shed on the situation. Anyone hav any ideas?Will Eotech fix a broken unit if it is in fact broken?

Help guys.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you turning it on by pressing the right button?

Yes, EOTech has a two-year warranty.  Call them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Try cleaning the battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
EOTech has a no questions asked repair policy. And they have a quick turnaround.

I sent Dennis Finnegan an email telling him my problem (mine wouldnt turn off), he told me to try something, I did to no avail, he gave me a return number and told me to send it in.

IIRC, it took 2 or 3 weeks and I had a brand new unit. My old one was a Rev D, he sent me a brand new Rev F.

No worries man.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you turning it on by pressing the right button?

Yes, EOTech has a two-year warranty.  Call them.

Pretty sure I'm pressing the right button..there is on, off and NV and I tried looking through my NVGs to see if that was working and nadda, tried the earaser thing too.

As for warrenty, it did not come with a box or papers is the warrenty still good?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#5]
IM inbound

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I would just like to comment on my expierence on the phone today,

These people are AWESOME, 3 min converstation and I get a fixed sight with upgraded buttons and all for the price of shipping.

Thanks Eotech
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

These people are AWESOME, 3 min converstation and I get a fixed sight with upgraded buttons and all for the price of shipping.

Thanks Eotech

That's great, It's nice to know that they have a great warranty and are easy to deal with.

I just got my new EOTech 551 NV model using N batteries just like yours, today and I like it so far.

I'm a long time Aimpoint user since the late '80s but my new EOTech is an improvement from my current M2 dot sight.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks Eotech

I love to say I told you so.........

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got my Eotech back today after about 2 weeks and man I'm happy.

Greatest CS in the world, I got a brand new box, thumb screw, rubber buttons, updated battery connection points....practically a new sight....all for the cost of shipping.

THANKS EOTECH

Definately made a new loyal customer out of me.....and I had bought the unit second hand too
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I love to say I told you so.........

Even under new ownership, EOTech rox!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top