Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:25:01 AM EDT
Threads usually get 0-10 replies...or they go over 100...hmmm...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
like this one?

sometimes it gets old answering the same question multiple times within a day or week. thats what the search is for.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Life! Give my thread LIFE! Ha ha ha!

True. but it's not like this on the other tech forums. People there will jump in and say whatever, if they know something about it or not. Here people just sit mesmerized.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe cause most of this forum is some guy asking. "what's the best CQB optic"
or the ever popular Aimpoint vs EOtech.

No one really puts a lot of thought into any questions.
No one really searches or at a minimum ..kicks back for a month or so and just read and observe.

if you don't find you  question in te search..it will get covered within a month guaranteed.......
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
like this one?

sometimes it gets old answering the same question multiple times within a day or week. thats what the search is for.

When you've been around a forum for 14772 posts, you're not going to see a lot of "new" and "original" posting.

Some guys may be brand new the forums in general, and not be familiar with the "SEARCH" feature.  A lot of other guys (like me) may not realize right off the bat that the search feature on THIS site only searches topics, and ONLY in the EXACT order of your wording...

If you type in "CQB Optic", you won't even find a thread that was called "What's the best optic for CQB".

One thing's for sure though...  If a topic has 10+ pages of replies, you can almost guarantee that SOMEWHERE in there, two veterans, or one veteran and a newbie are having words back and forth for 7 or 8 of those 10 pages.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
you could generalize your search by just putting "cqb" and see what that gets you instead of trying to find an exact match.

what i do and it works great and even finds threads i wasnt looking for
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Onslaught, that was spooky...

When you posted the above comment...your post count was 1477!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:19:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you could generalize your search by just putting "cqb" and see what that gets you instead of trying to find an exact match.

what i do and it works great and even finds threads i wasnt looking for

Yes, me too, but my point is that a lot of newer guys don't understand that the search feature on this site works that way.  Most (every other) forum I'm a member of, I could type in "CQB Optic" and get "My Grandmother says her bifocal optics help her CQB (Call Quicker Bingo)".  It's differen't and takes some 'splaining

Quoted:
Onslaught, that was spooky...

When you posted the above comment...your post count was 1477!

Hey, that's cool... I didn't even notice  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:27:28 AM EDT
[#8]
IBT10thReply!

ETA: No one is forcing any of the "Veterans" of this site to read through all of the posts on topics that they are thoroughly familiar with.  I think the search function is important to use before posting on a topic, but I don't see how it harms anyone if someone asks a question that someone else may have asked before. It just wears on people's patience, but it takes more energy to tell people to search than it does to simply ignore the thread. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
IBT10thReply!

ETA: No one is forcing any of the "Veterans" of this site to read through all of the posts on topics that they are thoroughly familiar with.  I think the search function is important to use before posting on a topic, but I don't see how it harms anyone if someone asks a question that someone else may have asked before. It just wears on people's patience, but it takes more energy to tell people to search than it does to simply ignore the thread. YMMV

yeah but if you tell them to search there will be less threads to ignore
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top