Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:24:47 AM EDT
Does trijicon do an overhaul job on ACOGs?   I am getting ready to get back into 3 Gun comp and would like to have The fiber optic tube on top replaced, mine has very deep cracks, I bought it used on the EE, the original owner said the Objective lense had some cracks in it, but I have never been able to seen them or notice any problems with this optic, but its nagging me in the back of my mind that it is  broken.    If they do, do this have any of you guys done this and what is cost /turn around time?    Thanks for any Info
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent mine in (TA31) and they replaced the fiber optics tube - no charge and return shipped no charge

Here is a photo before fix

Interesting side note>

My donut reticle was brighter before the fix

Not that it isn't sharp and bright enough, but perhaps the "spider-webbing" was instrumental in capturing more light

Not sure.

I am a very happy camper with the end result today

eta:

The work was door to door in 3 weeks or less.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#3]
the fiber optic rod cracking is purely cosmetics and if you cant see cracks in the obj lens then its not there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Trijicon will overhaul the ACOG scopes for $299.  That includes replacing the tritium, fiber optic (if applicable) and reticle.  I do not believe that price includes replacing all of the glass.

I have a TA11 that was built in 1994 and has the .308 BDC, I called Trijicon about switching the reticle and was told the previous information.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top