Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:23:35 PM EDT
What do you all think of the Dominator EOTech mount and what is the best place to order one right now?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine from RBPrecision. I like it. Had an A2 upper with a carry handle mount for the EOtech before , then switched everything into a Stag Arms flattop upper .
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
try tim at www.tacticalsupplies.us
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I started using that configuration in Iraq when I was doing PSD work and have since taken a Hackathorn-Vickers course with that setup on my personal rig.  If you're not going to use night vision, I think it makes a great CQB setup.

I'd contact Steve at Adco firearms for both items.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input.  Looking for the Dominator I came across another mount made by RRA called the "tactical carry handle".  What's the difference between this and the Dominator mount?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the input.  Looking for the Dominator I came across another mount made by RRA called the "tactical carry handle".  What's the difference between this and the Dominator mount?

It sure looks to me that the tactical carry handle puts the optic a lot higher than the Dominator does.  That could be problematic for attaining a proper cheek weld.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

NOOOOO!

Do a search on this website for the "tactical carry handle" and what you'll find is a lot of guys with them finding out they suck for mounting ANYTHING except an Aimpoint with the "X-wide" ring, and even that is so-so.  The next thing they find out (when they try to sell them on the EE) is that they don't hold their value very well, and usually sell for about $60 - $75 used.

The dominator is GREAT if you never want to switch over to any type of magnified optic, and only want to use the EOTech.  Having said that, I have one on one of my ARs, and I do love it, but again, it's one I know I'll never want any other type of optic on.

I have another AR that I want to use an EOTech on, but since I may switch between that and some magnified optic, I'll be (eventually) using the LaRue mount for that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahh OK thanks for the input everyone.  Best price I've been able to find is at www.EagleFirearms.net so I'll be ordering it from there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:45:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ahh OK thanks for the input everyone.  Best price I've been able to find is at www.EagleFirearms.net so I'll be ordering it from there.

I got my RRA Dominator from www.EagleFirearms.net when they had them on sale for $110.00 a few months ago.

It has worked out perfect for me and has been a rock solid mount.

As said above it is intended to be used only for the EOTech, so keep this in mind if you plan on using another optic later.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#11]
So here's another version of that question.

If I am buying a ar-15 and I'm 75% sure I'm going to eventually put a eotech on it but not right away what version of top should be put on it.

Standard carry handle, flat top, tactical mount, dominator mount.

I'm buying the elite car A4 model. Right away I'll just be using the iron sights. But I think the eotech may get put on sooner or later. But just in case a scope may be put on instead. I've done tons of reading but no posts on which version of rifle mount to start out with.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So here's another version of that question.

If I am buying a ar-15 and I'm 75% sure I'm going to eventually put a eotech on it but not right away what version of top should be put on it.

Standard carry handle, flat top, tactical mount, dominator mount.

I'm buying the elite car A4 model. Right away I'll just be using the iron sights. But I think the eotech may get put on sooner or later. But just in case a scope may be put on instead. I've done tons of reading but no posts on which version of rifle mount to start out with.

Thanks for your help.

As a base, start with the flat top. The main reason to buy a Dominator is to combine back up iron sights (BUIS) with an EOTech.  

If you're getting the Elite, it already has that funky tactical mount. I'd bypass that and just get a flat top with either a LaRue BUIS or the Dominator to fulfill your iron sight requirement.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]
i had this RRA mount.  Great mount and very sturdy..good A2 sight as well.

I sold it and just mounted the EOTech directly on the flattop.  And then using a flip-up rear sight.

The reason is with the fixed A2, it became a distraction for me personally
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Just curious what rear sight there is if you order a flatop?

Maybe a flatop will be my best choice.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
The EOTech Dominator works great! I have one mounted on my RRA Tactical Entry rifle. My only suggestion would be to consider whether you want your irons in the sight picture or not. With the Dominator mount your irons should sit in the bottom 1/3 of your optic sight. I have a flip-up front sight (YHM). When folded down the optic has a nearly clear sight picture. I say nearly clear because the Dominator has the rear sight mounted to the mount. I do not have any issues with the rear sight and do not even notice when I'm shooting. It is a very solid mount.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just curious what rear sight there is if you order a flatop?

Maybe a flatop will be my best choice.

Thanks.

A flat top doesn't come with a rear site unless it is part of a package deal or it comes with a removable carry handle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#17]
That helps me allot in my decision.

Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top