Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2006 7:30:27 PM EDT
Ok guys, I'm on the hunt to find a mount for my Comp ML3 and need some pictures to help decide. I'm looking for pictures so I can see what looks best but functions well. I have a Bushy M4 A2 and I have a gooseneck mount already, just need the mount to mount it to the mount! Say that 10 times fast!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Other than the big knob on the side, the QRP worked quite well on a gooseneck...that is before I caved and went with an A4 upper.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
ARMS #22M68.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#3]
MasterChief-M4 didn't specify which gooseneck he's using, but if it's the Aimpoint gooseneck, a 22M68 will not work.

That gooseneck only has one cross slot = no room to move the optic forward.

Aimpoint shown mounted the only way it'll fit with the 22M68 (backwards).

Contrary to info in other posts, the Aimpoint gooseneck will clear fatty M4 handguards.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
With the AimPoint gooseneck mount, the QRP is probably your best bet, as it will co-witness perfectly with the irons with that setup.  For a flattop, I would recommend a Swan Sleeve and A.R.M.S. CompII mount, but for the application you specify, the QRP is, in my opinion, the way to go.  This is precisely the setup I had before switching to an A3 upper.  I gave my old A2 upper to a buddy, and he is building a rifle with it.  He already has a red-dot installed on it using my old gooseneck and QRP.  My only complaints about the setup is that the QRP does not hold zero as well as some other mounts out there (A.R.M.S. specifically) and the gooseneck mount restricts the view through the carry handle sight channel when using the irons.  Other than that, it's a very functional setup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys, actually yes that is the same Aimpoint gooseneck that i have. I ended up purchasing the ARMS #22M68 Throw Lever mount. I was told it would co-witness just fine... why does yours only fit backwards man?? thats messed up... Try a diff. mount maybe? here is a link to the mount i bought:

http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=26

Hopefully i'll get it this week and get her mounted!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]
That's not my "go to" carbine... just showing that the Aimpoint gooseneck and #22M68 aren't compatible.

The back end of the Aimpoint optic is too long for that combo to work.

As noted above, the Aimpoint QRP will work.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's not my "go to" carbine... just showing that the Aimpoint gooseneck and #22M68 aren't compatible.

The back end of the Aimpoint optic is too long for that combo to work.

As noted above, the Aimpoint QRP will work.

DAMNIT!!! I just ordered the bitch on saturday too!! So now i need to send it back and get a different mount?? I dont want the QRP mount, the knob sticks out too far and I heard the QRP doesn't hold zero very well..  Does aimpoint make a mount that'll work with that gooseneck? any links to one online will help...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Aimpoint mount and QRP mount on mine. The QRP has returned-to-zero the couple times I've taken it off, so I have faith in it. And yes, it clears the M4 hand guards, although it doesn't look like it from this angle.

BTW, this is my hunting rig and it gets banged around plenty without any problems.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top