Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:55:33 PM EDT
The Leupold 1.5-5 M/RTs have been out for a while now...how do you owners like tham? What kind of shooting are you doing with them?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just posted this in another thread, but I got back today from a week of using it in a carbine course at Gunsite in AZ. I love the scope, and much prefer it over Aimpoints or the EOTECH. My only complaint is that the reticle illumination is completely washed out in AZ daylight. I can't say tha made any difference in my shooting however; it worked very well. Overall, combining indoor and outdoor shooting at all ranges, it's the best optic I've ever used.  I wouldn't trade it for the S&B short dot, as the S&B superior illumination doesn't make up for the MR/T SPR reticle which I much prefer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, Rhinodoc. What were the max and min ranges you used it at?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info, Rhinodoc. What were the max and min ranges you used it at?

Ive used mine out to around 350 or so. I really like it.

As he said, the reticle illum is useless in daylight.

I dont know wether I like it better than my ACOG, still deciding, but I definitly like it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The rifle it is going on will either have an ACOG or a Loopy 1.5-5X.

The ACOG TA31F gets marks for small size and ruggedness. And I alreay have one.

The Loopy has variable magnification, which prolly gives it the edge at short ranges (?)
I'm not sure what else it does better than the ACOG, other than having an extra +.05X mag...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The rifle it is going on will either have an ACOG or a Loopy 1.5-5X.

The ACOG TA31F gets marks for small size and ruggedness. And I alreay have one.

The Loopy has variable magnification, which prolly gives it the edge at short ranges (?)
I'm not sure what else it does better than the ACOG, other than having an extra +.05X mag...

If you already have an ACOG go for the loopy. Variety is the spice of life.

After I got mine I moved the ACOG off my 18incher and onto a 14.5. The loopy works great on the 18.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
AyeGuy, the range was 7 yards to a bit over 100yds, with most of the week's work done inside 25 yards. The other students were using Aimpoints, Eotechs, irons, and C-mores. On the longer distances I was much faster at aquiring the target, even keeping it at the lowest mag. I've used the scope at home at up to 200yds, and find the reticle easier to use than the mildot in my MR/T 3x9.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Are the turrets on the 1.5 X 5 M/RT bullet drop compensated???

If so, what are the turrets that come with it calibrated for???

I plan to pick up one of these scopes, but I will use it on a AR/Sig PE-90 & a M14 EBR.

Thx.

SKBY.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top