Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:20:44 PM EDT
I bought a G&P aimpoint knockoff on Ebay an noticed two things on the scope that I'm hoping you can help with.

Looking down the front of the scope I notice that there is a red tinted lens/(mirror?) that sits right behind the outer lens and seems like it is on an angle. Also when loking through the scope from the back I see a reflection on the left hand side when looking through it. Is the angled lens normal?

I'd also like to mention that my eye is hurting after looking through this thing for a few minutes. Is that light considered a laser...

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone ???
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Seek medical attention quick! You just burned your retinas with an Airsoft Laser!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
that light is a simple LED showing through a filter with a pin prick size hole.

The real Aimpoint also has an angled piece of glass inside.  It is what reflects the image of the tiny red dot so you can see it.  

It should be the OUTER lens that has a red coating.

It's been said by the clone clowns that the G&P is the least favorable knockoff.  

The reason you see the reflections from the rear is because it is nowhere near the higher quality of an Aimpoint.  Part of the cost of an Aimpoint comes from Aimpoint working pretty hard to get that inner lens to become invisible.  This has to do with the materials, angle, distance from the LED and placement of the LED.  

You get what you pay for but hopefully you can get some fun range time with this one.

At least you've got your fix for now.  Just keep saving your pennies for the real thing for when you decide you have to upgrade...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top