Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 3:38:05 PM EDT
OK, so i jumped onto the ACOG bandwagon too soon by not doing my HW and buying a ACOG the minute I saw one for less than $700.

It's the most plain jain version, and was wondering, should I just sell it on the EE and get a one of the fancier ACOGs with BAC reticles, or should I upgrade it with a JPoint... which is a small red dot sight that sits on top of it?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both a Ta31 and an NSN with a Docter.  I like the NSN/Docter much more.  BAC does not work well in poor lighting and the point of aim vs point of impact is too far off at ranges longer than indoors.
PlusI I like the fine reticle of the NSN for precision.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
BAC is very much dependent on individual eyesight on how it performs... and even then the Jpoint/DOC-ACOG combo will be faster for 90+% of people...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
awesome!

Thanks for the info guys, I was feeling a little insecure about having "just" a TA01.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top