Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:35:49 PM EDT
Does anyone know anything about this scope? It looks good, has received a couple good reviews and offers the features that one would want for a carbine sight. And, the price is nice!  Does anyone have any experience?

Waterproof - Fogproof - Shockproof

Model BTS V - Bucktracka Series Scope

Retail Price: $239.95

1.5 x 4.5 x 26 Viariable Power Scope w/Illuminated Red Dot

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3666

Model BTS V - Bucktracka Series Scope
1.5 X 4.5 X 26 Variable Power Illuminated Scope

With Illuminated Red Dot

Black Matte Finish

Magnification: Variable 1.5X - 4.5X - Objective Lens Dia: 26mm

Tube Dia: 30mm DIA - Optimum Eye Relief: 3.00"

Field of View in feet @ 100 yards: 70.0' - 22.5'

Reticle: Black/Red Dot Illimination

Retail Price $239.95

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is the manufacturer?  Where did you find it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw the write-up on pg. 28 in the SEP 05 edition of "On Target."  It's a give-away mag that my local gun store provides to its customers.  Also, the scope is 10.5" in length and weighs about a pound and carries a limited lifetime warranty!

One more thing to save my nichols & dimes for!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a google search for "bucktracka" .. .

Here is the mfr/vendor:

http://www.mdm-muzzleloaders.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=68843415426&Category_Code=Scopes

Seems they will be at the SHOT show!

http://www.shotdirectory.com/app/PrintFriendly.cfm?linkid=14928&Exid=365748&moduleid=1979&appname=100300

MDM
Millennium Designed Muzzleloaders, LTD
Booth : 5288

RR 1
Box 405
Maidstone, VT 05905
Business Phone: 802-676-3311
Business Fax: 802-676-3322
Toll Free Business Phone:
www.mdm-muzzleloaders.com
Exhibitor Details  |

Company Description
Break-Open-Action In-line Muzzleloading Rifles, Shotguns and Combo packages. All feature the MDM 209 Incinerating-Ignition-System and using ordinance grade steel we provide precision M2K Competition Barrels for optimun performance. Complete line of BuckTracka Shooting Optics. All new Dyno-Core Magnum Muzzleloading Bullets and a full line of all natural Lightning Lube Cleaning and gun care products.

We Need a Review!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's another possibility for a "poor man's Short Dot":

Stock #     Description                                           Price
200719      Burris 1.5-6x40 Signature Select Rifle Scope         384.95

* Matte
   * Electro-Dot
   * 1"
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's another possibility for a "poor man's Short Dot":

Stock #     Description                                           Price
200719      Burris 1.5-6x40 Signature Select Rifle Scope         384.95

* Matte
   * Electro-Dot
   * 1"

Burris will be revealing a new 1-4x24 30mm with German #3P4 (or whatever) with an illuminated dot at SHOT this year.  It will be part of of their EuroDiamond line and will go for around $500.  The bonus is, the NEW Burris illumination system has 8 settings instead of just 2.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, I'm just hoping to find someone who has had one in their hands.  Based on what I  have read, it SHOULD be an excellent carbine scope, but we don't know what the parallax is, how the illuninated dot looks, how robust the thing is (though, if set up for muzzle-loaders, it ought to be plenty sturdy!), etc.  I have e-mailed the company in hopes of getting more info.  Shooter 521 described the thing as a "Poor Man's Short Dot."  At less than $250, if it turns out to be worthwhile, that'd be an apt description!  We shall see!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I e-mailed MDM late last week.  They replied back quickly but, unfortunately, indicated that they would be tied up with the Shot Show till mid-week next week.  Additionally, they seemed quite excited about their scopes potential appeal to us in the "3-gun/ competition/ tactical" market.  I am anticipating having some contact with the MDM folks after that.  I'll post an update then. hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Burris will be revealing a new 1-4x24 30mm with German #3P4 (or whatever) with an illuminated dot at SHOT this year.  It will be part of of their EuroDiamond line and will go for around $500.  The bonus is, the NEW Burris illumination system has 8 settings instead of just 2.

Listed at $502.95 at SWFA (preorder).

8 brightness settings is nice, but only if the brightest is able to be seen in daylight. I've never seen an E-dot in person before, so I don't know. On my Fullfield II LRS, neither of the brightness settings is visible in daylight; the illuminated reticle just looks normal/black when viewed against a light background or target.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top