Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 7:46:35 AM EDT
Am about to cobble together a new build w/ an IOR M2...does anyone have dick and jane instructions on zeroing this scope?  I've read that the clicks are not fractions of MOA...

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Zeroing this scope involves unscrewing two screws on each turret so that you can move the zeroing plates on the top of each turret.  Make sure that while you are turning the plates that the rest of the turret stays properly oriented (e.g. that the BDC turret marker stays on "1" and that the windage marker stays on "0").

To zero an IOR M2 4x24 w/ BDC cam (I love this scope) :

1) Place rifle on stable platform
2) With elevation BDC turret on "1" mark (assuming you are sighting at a 100m target), fire one round at sighting in target
3) Loosen the two large outer screws on the BDC elevation turret about 3/4 turn.  DO NOT TAKE SCREWS OUT AND DO NOT TOUCH SMALL CENTER SCREW
4) With outer screws loose and BDC on "1" mark, grasp turret with thumb and forefinger, ensuring that "1" position stays on mark.  W/ other hand turn the top plate counter clockwise to lower point of impact or clockwise to raise POI.  (this is a smooth rotation, no clicks).  
5) Tighten the screws and fire a group.  Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary.
6) Perform the same process to adjust the windage setting, with the windage knob on "0".

It really is easier than it sounds, and will be much more self-explanatory when you have the scope in your hand.

Once you have it zeroed, each click on the BDC compensates for an additional 100m of distance using 62gr. ammo, and each windage click is  1/2 MOA IIRC.  I really like having a range-based BDC like this one rather than an MOA based one.

What reticle are you thinking of getting?  I have the CQB, and it is sweet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got my scope from the UPS man yesterday, good piece of gear.  Has the M9 (NATO) reticle.  Thanks for the input.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top