Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2006 1:25:02 PM EDT
Well I made the purchase of this Colt quite a while ago (6 yrs) and have often wondered why I even purchased it. I just can't figure out what I should do/ use it for. I don't want to dump $1000 into a good scope for it/ put a lot of money into making it a carbine. I have tinkered in NRA matches however don't have the time so that is out. I am thinking about just making it a range queen or someday using it for Law enforcment work. I am just trying to figure out what use I can get out of it. I am tired of it sitting in the safe with no scope or sights on it. Any IDEAS? Or what would you do with it? This is the Colt with the 24" stainless barrel and freefloating forearm.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
throw a carry handle on it and get proficient with it and when you decide to upgrade do so.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased the same rifle 7 or 8 years ago it was my first AR and after I purchased it I went looking for a scope.  I ended up putting a 6x24 x 50 Simmons whitetail classic on it ( I still see them in SGN adds for less than $100)  with the intent of getting something better when I got the money.  I havent had any complaints with this set up.  I've used it in 3 gun matches, hunted with it, I've also tried one of the $39 T168 that clearview invest sells and it also works well on the 6724.  I could honestly put any optics I wanted on this and what I have on it works so until one of them breaks I am leaving it alone.        
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top