User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2006 11:44:28 PM EDT
What do you think about them?
Icon
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:12:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheap Chicom crap. Don't support our avowed enemy.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:13:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#3]
the absolute best cheap optic out there!!!

i have one on my .50 beowulf
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Nc Star scope and it isnt to bad. As much as I'm not a fan of the chinese made stuff I have to give a little credit for this one. But I probably just got lucky. They claim its shock proof which I tested by chucking it into my backyard and it held zero fine. They claimed it is waterproof so I filled up my sink and left it in overnight. It stayed dry inside. and they said it was fog proof so I left it in the snow over night and brought it back in the house in the morning and the nitrogen filled tube did its job. So I must say its doesn't seem to bad. But I'm still saving for my ACOG.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Their stuff is servicable and you pretty much get what you pay for.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Not worth the price. If you must buy something cheap, finding anything else used, and you would be better off.

I have an old pair of glasses and a toilet paper tube that could be glued together that I would use before I would use anything from ncstar.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Promised myself to NEVER buy NCStar again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the glass is clear and the reticles are straight! hahahahahaha! I'd take irons over anything NcStar makes.

images.snapfish.com/345%3B%3B5%3A%3C5%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3249%3E%3A77%3E7%3B5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233446%3B664%3B%3Cnu0mrj

I can do that too if I don't put the scope on straight & don't use the focus ring.

I've not had ant issue for plinking, but you could buy 2 for the price of a decent one & if one pukes, swap it out & send it back for lifetime warranty.

David
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can do that too if I don't put the scope on straight & don't use the focus ring.

I've not had ant issue for plinking, but you could buy 2 for the price of a decent one & if one pukes, swap it out & send it back for lifetime warranty.

David

Problem is, that scope comes pre-mounted to flat top mount and CANT BE STRAIGHTENED!!! hr

Doh!!! Guess I've been lucky. David
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a couple of the NC Star products, one I bought, a holo type sight, and one 4x scope that came as part of a trade.  The scope is total junk and the holo sight is good enough for an AK pistol but I wouldn't trust it for any distance past 50 yards.  My overall opinion of NCStar is if you can get it for free, or next to nothing, then go for it, but don't pay much because they're not worth much.  On the other hand there are some good inexpensive optics, the Simmons Pro Diamond is one, and it's not made in China.  I've had one of the 1.5x5 on my AR carbine for several months now and have nothing but good things to say about it.  I've spoken with several hunters who have used them on shotguns for turkey hunting and really like them.  CDNN has them for $49.  Just because you can't afford a $500 or $1000 optic doesn't mean you have to stick with irons only or settle for junk that won't work.

I don't know if the T168 scopes are NCStar or not, they are made in China.  I know some that have gotten ones that are really bad and others have gotten ones that seem pretty good.  I'm one of the latter, the one I have has a centered reticle and is bright and clear.  The power switch is junk, but the scope itself is pretty decent for $40, but nowhere near as nice as the Simmons.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top