Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 4:31:37 PM EDT
The Tikka has the built in grooves.

The mounts need to fit a scope with a 30mm tube and since the scope has an opening of 50mm, the mounts have to be high.

If there are issues with obtaining high mounts the receiver is tapped and I can add a new rail.

The rings that come with the Tikka are only 1 inch. The place where I purchased the scope sent the mounts which are too wide and too narrow so not sure if the proper mounts exist.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
good question...are built in grooves "pic" standard or another dimension? my tikka t3 tactical came from the factory with a pic rail screwed to the receiver and i am using a LaRue SPR QR mount for my Nikon 2 1/2X10 scope (44mm objective IIRC)...not much extra clearance between scope objective and barrel
edit: you may need mounts that cantilever the scope body forward to allow for proper eye relief
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the Beretta web site.  They sell rings and bases that will fit the Tikka.  I have a T3 Varmet in .308 and put a 4x14x56 scope on it and had the same problem.  The rings purchased from the beretta site worked for me.  They are Sako/Tikka OptiLock Mounts and rings.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Check the Beretta web site.  They sell rings and bases that will fit the Tikka.  I have a T3 Varmet in .308 and put a 4x14x56 scope on it and had the same problem.  The rings purchased from the beretta site worked for me.  They are Sako/Tikka OptiLock Mounts and rings.

The only two types of mounts I could find are the  Sako Optilock Quickmounts  and the  Sako TRG Quick Detachable Optilock Scope Mounts  which are $350 and $450 each. Are these the ones you ordered?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#4]
www.tikka.fi

Follow the link above and navigate the strange menu in the yellow title bar to find the Accessories section. From there you can find the suitable Optilock base and rings for your Tikka rifle. They cost about the same as any quality scope ring out there, so you will not be spending a fortune. They have some very interesting and unique features that you will learn to appreciate, like no lapping needed...  The clamping method might seem rather novel at first, but the Optilock is old news over here and is a proven system.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The Optilock rings for Tikka rifles are available in LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#6]
It looks like the rings I purchased are no longer on the Beretta website.  You might be able to call their customer support and order them.  The rings and mounts that I ordered were about $120.00.  I ordered the medium hight and it accomidated the 56mm objective on the scope I put on it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Leupold makes Sako (same as Tikka, aren't they? Not sure, someone please confirm/correct...) 30mm rings, including high and "extra high", priced about $65.
See here
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, one dealer sent me Sako mounts and these are different than the Tikka mounts.

It looks as though the theopticzone guy is the most knowledgable person about these mounts that I have talked to. I have since put in an order and will find out later this week just how knowledgable he is.

Thanks for all the help and information.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top