Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:50:23 AM EDT
Just curious if anyone's tried a setup using a magnified optic and Jpoint on top as a compromise for both close in and long range use.   I'm taking a rifle course later this year and will engage targets to about 250m.   I have been running an Eotech but last year I was hiking some open terrain and found my Eotech was not so confidence inspiring for 200m+ shots on game animals.   I just didnt feel as comfortable as I would with a traditional riflescope.    

I have also considered the throw lever mounts and such but those are still quite a compromise and if I ever get back into competition changing optics around between stages may be a no-go.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]
where have you been?

larue and a.r.m.s. offer scope rings/mounts with ring caps that have a base to mount the dr.optic or jpoint
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I know they're made, just curious as to it's practicality.   In short does it work as advertised or is the Jpoint too small to be worthwhile and is the mounting too high to be useful?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:48:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Wes, what scope would you reccomend for 250m and under with the Jpoint mount?   It seems that you have some experience with it.  

I was thinking either the IOR 4x24 M1 or the smaller 3x25 tactical.    I have no experience with either scope but would be interestedd in feedback on them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
YES, THEY DO INDEED EXIST:

Wes,
Is the pricey Larue mount the only way to go with a large objective and large adjustment knobs?  I wonder if the ARMS will be ridiculously high to clear a similar scope.  JP also makes a mount that clamps directly to the tube but that might be at a crazy height also.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:46:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a different question; what would be the better choice, having the Docter offset to the side so that you have to cant the weapon but keep your head level, or having the docter on 12" o clock so that you keep the weapon still but raise your head to sight? Both seem to have obvious advantages and disadvantages.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top