Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 5:49:27 PM EDT
Hey guys, I have a 511.A65, the N battery version, and the battery life seems to be pretty bad.  When I first got it, I used the batteries that came with it.  It didn't take long for the recticle to start blinking on me though.  I can't remember how long I had used it for, but I know it was well under the claimed battery life.  I thought maybe the batteries that came with it were a bit weak, so I bought some new ones.  Well, I turned on the EOtech tonight and low and behold it is blinking again.  I have maybe shot it 4-5 times since putting new batteries in, and it is never on long while shooting.  So what's up here?  Is there an issue with my EOtech, or do I need to put something in it besides normal Duracell batteries?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same model EOTech. After a few range sessions at about 3-4 hours a piece the reticule would start to blink. I simply ignored it and kept on shooting, I NEVER had a set of batteries up and completely die on me. I replaced them about once a year whether they needed it or not. Why some people claim to get shittty battery life I have no idea.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had the same model EOTech. After a few range sessions at about 3-4 hours a piece the reticule would start to blink. I simply ignored it and kept on shooting, I NEVER had a set of batteries up and completely die on me. I replaced them about once a year whether they needed it or not. Why some people claim to get shittty battery life I have no idea.

Agreed.  All my EOTechs are N battery powered and they all blink when you turn them on when the batteries are less than fresh.

However, they never blink during recoil and I never had to replace any battery, just did it during maintenance.

EDIT:  I would use Energizer batteries as EOTech recommends, I had some problems with Duracels not working since the nipple is smaller.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
EDIT:  I would use Energizer batteries as EOTech recommends, I had some problems with Duracels not working since the nipple is smaller.

Yep! I would run Energizer ā€œNā€ batteries from Lowes, about $2.00 per two.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the repsonses guys.  I mistated which batteries I am using.  I am actually using Energizers.  Guess I will just ignore the blinking.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the repsonses guys.  I mistated which batteries I am using.  I am actually using Energizers.  Guess I will just ignore the blinking.  

Just ignore the blinking and leave a set of batteries in as an experiment, see exactly how long they last for you based on your shooting habits.  Like I stated, I NEVER ran a set until completely dead.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, I am bringing this thread back up again.  I went out the first time since making this thread, and my batteries died.  Completely.  Thing was maybe on 10 minutes.  Threw in the other ones that were blinking before, and they died completely also.  Had to shoot irons the rest of the day.  Something isn't right.  I have barely any time on these batteries, both sets.  I replaced them again today, and we will see what happens.  If they die when they shouldn't be dying, EOTech will be hearing from me.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:32:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd give EOtech a call.
If memory serves, they had one batch get out that had some issues that caused the batteries to die even if the unit was turned off.

Let us know what they say.
I'm betting they will take care of you.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top