Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:12:59 PM EDT
I have been (still am actually) using an Eotech 552 on one of my ARs but wanted to try an Aimpoint. Now I have a Comp M2. I have it mounted with a QRP. It seems to sit a little low showing too much of the front sight base. What are the best options here to get the optics higher and still co-witness?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The QRP is supposed to be used with the "M4 spacer" if you're putting directly onto the upper receiver.  With the spacer the Aimpiont should be positioned with the irons in the exact center of the optic, about the same as your Eotech.  Some mounts such as the ones from Larue mount the optic just slightly higher.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
larue mount cowitnesses the dot in the lower third of the glass.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The ARMS #22M68 mount holds all my Aimpoints.

As they set either on the humps of RAS IIs or ARMS S.I.R. or ARMS Swan-sleeves (#38EX) I don't need the "full-spacer" (which is required for flat-top mount).

And fwiw, I like my Aimpoint to be dead at "co-witness" height, no lower third here.

Mike

ps - btw, I never notice the FSB on any of my set-ups.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not that the front sight base really bothers me, it's just I noticed how much more of the base is visible with the Aimpoint compared to the Eotech. I'll try the spacer and see how that works.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm using the PRI Aimpoint mount. It puts the front site in the lower 1/3rd of the window, I like this set up a lot!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top