Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 2:48:46 PM EDT
After having used it on a few rifles, and have seen it in use on various calibers and not seen one single failure. How does Bushnell build such a nice little scope(Mine has 82 MOA of adjustment) for such a low price. The glass is clear, Mil dot is nice, and I believe on ebay the street price is abit over $150.

After seening multiple other scope having problems(Cost  a few times more than this thing) How can they keep such quality control and yet price so low on a product?

This is the product in question:

www.riflescopes.com/products/321040M/bushnell_10x40_elite_3200_rifle_scope.htm
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a non Mil dot Elite on my Beowulf, It seems to be trucking along just fine, in my years of shooting I have never had any problem with bushnell scopes. IMO theya re a great buy and for the type of shotting I do and results I get with bushnell I honestly cant see dropping 3-4 times more money on a scope with similar specs, because IMO there is not that much difference, sure the glass may be better etc.... but in the long run is it really making a difference for the cost?

Mainly I think more exspensive items are just a peice of mind for most people, and they think they are gaining something by it, but in all reality most of it is in their minds IMO. Just like the SPOTS, alot of peoples range reports are very promising toward the SPOTs quality, however some people still bash it because its a clone.... In my opinion if it can withstand those test the guy from this board put them through and still hold a rough zero there is NO way I would ever knock it off zero.

But in the end I think Bushnell just sells their scopes at a reasonable price that they should cost. Not overpriced like all the other products on the market, If I was a buisness I would rather sell 5 items at $200, than 1 item at $1000......
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple Bushnell 4200 scopes and have likewise been amazed by the optical quality you get for the price.  They blow my Leupold Vari-XIII and my buddy's Zeiss Conquest out of the water.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the 4200 elite.  I'm really am happy with mine.  I use it on my Anschutz 1730D, .22 Hornet.  I need to get the reticle swapped on it.  Currently has a 1/4 moa target dot, way too small for my lousy eye. Bushnell will swap it out for a 1/2 moa dot or a mil dot.  I don't know which one I want yet.  I'm assuming that the 1/2 moa dot will be twice as big??????  I need to actually see both of them I guess before choosing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
But in the end I think Bushnell just sells their scopes at a reasonable price that they should cost. Not overpriced like all the other products on the market, If I was a buisness I would rather sell 5 items at $200, than 1 item at $1000......

+1

Also, Bushnell has an excellent lifetime warranty. For the price of return shipping they will repair or replace any of their optics.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Also, Bushnell has an excellent lifetime warranty. For the price of return shipping they will repair or replace any of their optics.

Yep all this talk of their optics makes me want to go buy one of their Shotgun scopes to put on my 870 police magnum....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the 3200 mildot-
Best scope I've seen for the money!
mines on its 4th rifle and going strong!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It is a great scope. Mine resides on my Savage Mod 10 FP Tactical in .223 with a set of
Leupold QR rings and a set of Leupold Steel Weaver Bases for it.
Return to Zero is great with this setup. Shoots 1" with my junk reloads, (10 shot groups) when removing the
scope and re-installing it before the shots.

Best 10X scope in this price range.

KyARGuy
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top