Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:08:07 PM EDT
I have been looking for some Canadian C7 rifle parts? I am looking for the front backup sight that goes in front of the ELCAN optical sight. I am actually looking for just about any C7 parts? I have been trying to duplicate the styles of these rifles, I have not had much luck finding surplus parts? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they're not surplus yet
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The C7s were made by Diemaco, now Colt's of Canada.  They produced the backup sights for the C7 rifle, which were made of plastic.  They've never sold products commercially and never imported into the States, which explains their rarity for the collector.  Personally, the plastic BUIS is my least favorite of any I've ever seen.  Unless you're after the C7 "look" I'd go with one of the many other designs on the market.  Even if you can find one of the Diemaco BUIS', it would probably be quite expensive.
Maybe, someday they will be available on the surplus market.  I wouldn't hold your breath.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks MANX,

I am just trying to duplicate the look of the Canadian C7A1 rifle with an ELCAN optic and the plastic sight that is used in front of the ELCAN optic. I do appreciate the helpful educated answers MANX, not like the usual answers I have received from some others in the past!

Thank you again MANX!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:47:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I think DK-Prof has one on his C7-gery, but don't quote me on that. I just went with the Cavalry Arms BUIS. It fit nicely in front of the Elcan , and is a 'close enough' approximation of the Diemaco.

Are you going for a C7A1 or A2? A2 would be a neat project, but we can't get the Green Elcans. (That I am aware of; I believe the green ones are the original C79 units after a refit.)

ETA: Just read your last post. A1 it is!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top