Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/22/2006 10:09:03 AM EDT

The click detents on my SS are mushy and the turrets move with recoil.    I pulled the turret caps off and cleaned out all the lube off the o-ring, except for a very light film.  I didn't dare remove the screw under the turrets that looks like it holds everything together for fear of ruining something permanently.  

As I was firing, I noticed my group moving up and to the right.  I looked up at the turret setting and they had moved about 8 clicks elevation and 4 clicks windage.

Question is......has anyone else experienced this and how do you go about getting this fixed.  Does SWFA repair them or do I have to go somewhere else.  The scope was bought new from SWFA about 2 years ago.  It had never been mounted until recently due to some (strange) circumstances.

Any hel;p would be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#1]
send it back to SWFA for warranty repair.  they are pretty good about warranty.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 The click detents on my SS are mushy

Yes, they are...  Mine were too, and I read the same thing several times before making my purchase.

Quoted:
   As I was firing, I noticed my group moving up and to the right.  I looked up at the turret setting and they had moved about 8 clicks elevation and 4 clicks windage.

That is a separate issue altogether, and of course SWFA should be contacted for repair.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That grease helps waterproof the scope for that submersion rating.  The o-rings are part of that too.  The mushy clicks are a side-effect that usually goes away after you re-set the knobs to zero the first time.  

I think you should re-zero and shoot it again to make sure the problem happens again before you worry about sending it in.  

It shouldn't ajust on it's own, but maybe it didn't.  It could have brushed something or been turned.  The problem just sounds really wierd that the scope would ajust itself.  The ajustments are pretty stiff on SS scopes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
That grease helps waterproof the scope for that submersion rating.  The o-rings are part of that too.  The mushy clicks are a side-effect that usually goes away after you re-set the knobs to zero the first time.  

I think you should re-zero and shoot it again to make sure the problem happens again before you worry about sending it in.  

It shouldn't ajust on it's own, but maybe it didn't.  It could have brushed something or been turned.  The problem just sounds really wierd that the scope would ajust itself.  The ajustments are pretty stiff on SS scopes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Green0.....I heard ya the first time !!

Hey Green0.....I heard ya the first time !!

Just messin with ya man !

I tried your suggestion and ran the turrets to the min/max and then reset to scope zero.  Its still mushy.  

I wish I had bumped or brushed the scope on something, but unfortunatly, this isn't the case.  The last 20 rounds I fired were heads up and watching the turrets and I could watch them actually move with each shot.

I e-mailed SWFA......just waiting on a reply now.

Thanks for the input s though
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I read a fix here.  Some guy replaced the orings or something like that.

Max
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing like Chi Com quality.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I read a fix here.  Some guy replaced the orings or something like that.

Max

Here is the fix from earlier thread: "Ok...I have a older Tasco Super Sniper. 16x, rear focus. I noticed that the turrets were mushy in the clicks. Hard to count and feel.

Checked over on SniperHide.com for info. Here is the fix-

Goto either a Home Depot, Lowes or a Ace Hardware. Look for-

O-rings

Danco#30

7/8" OD x 3/4" ID x 1/16"

I went and found mine at Ace Hardware, in the plumbing section. I just changed them out and what a difference. I can not only close my eyes and feel the clicks, I can hear them too.

Hope this helps to any Tasco Super Sniper owner's"

Not sure who posted it.......
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nothing like Chi Com quality.

If you had a clue, you might be worth listening to.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top