Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 8:23:13 AM EDT
....thinking about a larue riser for the EOthingie, but I would like to see some pics of the sight picture with the Larue mounted eotech, std. front site and BUIS in the deployed position.  I just saw a gun with a RRA dominator mount and I did not like the iron sight picture.  The eotech obscures too much of the rear sight.  Your eye has trouble centering the front sight post in the aperature because you can not see the whole ring.........
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?  Pics of sight picture with the YHM riser would be OK too.  I understand they raise the EO by about the same amount.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If you think the EOTech is too high with the Dominator, you won't like the LaRue either, as it's a TINY bit taller still.  

The Gen1 Dominator didn't raise the EOTech high enough to clear M4 handguards, so they moved the EO and the rear sight back rather than raising the EO.  The LaRue does clear the M4 HG, therefore it must be slightly higher.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
These pics are the best that I can do at this time.
Larue EOTech mount and BUIS.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a ton guys.  That was just the information I was looking for.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Websniper- you mentioned problems seeing the entire ring of the rear sight aperture with the eotech mounted on the dominator.  Is this an issue with the larger 0-2 aperture only, or is this a problem with the smaller aperture too?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:32:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Phil19021, to be honest with you, I only looked at the setup through the large 0-200 aperature.  I would imagine it would not be as bad with the other, but the larger close quarters aperature is the one that concerns me.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
the YHM-220 EOTech riser gives the same co-witness.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Gracias, AK John!

These pics are great!

P.S. Since when do ya grow ferns in an AK winter? I saw yesterday it was -64*F up near you.

YOW!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I live in Southeast Alaska, fairly moderate temperatures.
Ferns grow here in abundance, lots of rain.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top