Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 8:53:41 PM EDT
4.5-14X40 with side-focus and mil-dot.

Has the exact features I am looking for... anyone have any experiance/opinions on it? They claim up to 92% light transmission which sure in the hell beats any leapy/tasco I've ever had.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
4.5-14X40 with side-focus and mil-dot.

Has the exact features I am looking for... anyone have any experiance/opinions on it? They claim up to 92% light transmission which sure in the hell beats any leapy/tasco I've ever had.

This scope also calls to me. If I had the $$ I would get one now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two of them.  You will not find a better VALUE for a precision optic IMHO.  Not as cool as a Leupy LR/T, but every bit as functional.  Knobs are resettable to zero after sighting in.  Glass is clear and bright.  Side focus parallax adjustment and enough MOA to get you past 600 yards with 77 gr SMK's.  Only oddity is that the MD reticle is set up to range at 12X not 14X.  But that is no big deal.  Try one, you'll like it.  BTW, I also have two Leupolds (a 6.5x20x50 LR/T M1 MD and a 3x9x36 MR/T M1 Illuminated TMR reticle) by way of comparison.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one and it's good for the money.  the only downside is the two piece tube, but other than that it's a functionable, affordable scope that had the features I was looking for.  

You may also want to check out the sightron SII series.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I own 2 of these. One is IL reticle on a DPMS Bull 20. The other is on a T/C.
Excellent light gatheriing at night. The bane of all coyotes near my farm. They sweat while they sleep.
Crystal clear at range.
Great glass. I haven't had any trouble at all shooting to 500 yds, with a 200 zero except I'm an old fart who needs a bipod for the gun, and one for me now.

This is a 2004 model without the focus on the side. The 2005 is on another DPMS, .308. No pics yet.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top