Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:05:56 PM EDT
Just got the troy folding battle sight and i seem to have a problem adjusting the sight for windage.  it looks like there is a ball dent at the six oclock position of the windage knob.  I have depressed it and it does not want to budge.  any advice?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
supposedly a 5.56 bullet tip is to be used to adjust this.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a Bic pen tip to press it in.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an older style Troy and need to use a small allen wrench, punch, or finish nail to make adjustments.  That little ball detent sits too far in to use a bullet tip.  Once sighted in I haven't had to change it in over a year.

MadDog
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks fellas i'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#5]
well i still cant get it to budge.  ive used everything to try to turn that windage knob.  is it supposed to be that stiff even with that spring detent there? I even tried hooking an allen wrench in it while pushing down on the detent and no movement whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
i have the same problem.  just got mine in the mail yesterday and tried to adjust it and it wouldn't budge.   i thought it might be a good idea to loosen the allen head screw on the opposite side to lossen it up but only ended up rounding out the allen head screw. dang it.  it must be loctited very well.  i did finally get it to break free by sticking the tips of a pair of tin snips in opposite holes and twisting.  i also managed to make a small scratch in it too.  dang it again.  once it broke free i could adjust it by hand but just barely.  i'd recommend a couple drops of light oil in a few of the detent holes and let it penetrate a while and try again.  i think the best tool to break it free would be snap ring pliers.  they should fit in there just right.  good luck.

Bobby
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
You might try a good penetrating oil (Kroil). The snap ring pliers sound like a goood bet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
bobby thanks. the snap ring pliers sound like a good idea.  plus the kroil!  I too have already scratched my sight.  and i also attempted to remove the allen screw,  but thank god for my A.D.D. b/c i had the allen wrench in hand, then my phone rang:)  lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the smallest bit of a Benchmade torx kit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
bullet tip or punch usually works for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#11]
After owning three of them, I drown them in CLP when I buy them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I assume you guys are referring to the "SKD" version? I just got one myself and it works just fine, however I can't get an M193 bullet to work. Maybe they meant M855 but I don't see that working either. I take along a Pilot G2 pen for this purpose. I lubed both detents with Mobil-1, but it's running pretty dry now.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top