BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 12:28:56 PM EDT
Good, bad, no use at all?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally had no need for one. I could lift the standard lever just fine. Before you drop some cash on one do a search of the site. Another member here modified his stock lever and it looked and functioned identical to the GG&G lever.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
While I like the GG&G latch for quick detach, I think the battery latch is a solution in search of a problem. And there isn't any problem!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I personally had no need for one. I could lift the standard lever just fine. Before you drop some cash on one do a search of the site. Another member here modified his stock lever and it looked and functioned identical to the GG&G lever.

Couldn't find that post.  Can you link?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll see if I can dig it up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Too far back for me to search.     Maybe the thread originator will chime in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Has Eotech started adding these to their optics?

I'm asking because both of my older 511's (older, but still Rev F's) have a lever that is level with the battery compartment like this

but the lever on my new 512 turns up like the GG&G lever.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I believe so. In that same thread that I can’t find I believe that was addressed as well. EOTech has been adding this lever to new optics.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
If you "struggle" to open the EOTech battery compartment with the regular latch then you need more help than this thng can provide...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The latch on the 512 is NOT the GG&G but very similar.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you "struggle" to open the EOTech battery compartment with the regular latch then you need more help than this thng can provide...

I don't gots me no fingernails, I have to use my knife.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm asking because both of my older 511's (older, but still Rev F's) have a lever that is level with the battery compartment like this

www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/Eotech/hdsfeatures/520tac2.gif

but the lever on my new 512 turns up like the GG&G lever.

gggaz.com/images/BattLatch.jpg

Yes, the one that I bought that were manufactured around November had it.
It opens better than the old type, but I don't like it because it makes a bump in a otherwise square field.
It doesn't detract from functionality as far as I can see, so IMHO it is just a matter of opinion.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#13]
not like you need to open it often or in a hurry.
I'd spend the money on more batterys.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#14]
It was mentioned in the other thread- it helps keep that single knuckle print off of the Glass!!!

The guy in the other thread just took his latch off and laid it over a mini maglight I believe and then used a small hammer/mallet to bent it around (up) a little bit.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a 551 rev "F" (June 05) that looked similar to the one above. The latch was straight. My 552 (Nov 05) has one with a curve......... Came from Eotech that way.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top