Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:02:00 AM EDT
I am new to the board and new to AR-15's.  I am currently in the process of buying a Rock River Arms Elite Car A4 and have a question regarding EOTech sights.  My question is does the EOTech magnify the target?  If so, can it be used effectively at distances of 50 - 100 yards?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My question is does the EOTech magnify the target?

No, not the EO Tech itself.

If so, can it be used effectively at distances of 50 - 100 yards?
That depends upon the shooter but the unit itself is very effective in that range and beyond. Again, that's shooter dependant.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I just installed my EOTech 512 and shot with it for the first time yesterday.  I'm new to shooting ARs and still have trouble being consistent with iron sights.  I spent several hours yesterday fine tuning my zeroes with irons and the EOTech.  In the end, I managed best groups of 2" at 50 yds and 3.5" at 100 yds using irons.  Then I turned on the EOTech and shot a 2.5" group at 100 yds and a 1" group (all 3 shots in the bullseye) at 50 yds.  I was also able to acquire my target and fire the rounds faster using the EOTech than with the irons.  I would NEVER depend on the EOTech in lieu of irons; but if you're comfortable in your ability to shoot with irons, the EOTech sure is a nice addition.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 My question is does the EOTech magnify the target?

No (at least not the current models - stay tuned for the new model with the optional 3x magnifier)

If so, can it be used effectively at distances of 50 - 100 yards?

I've used mine on steel plates out to 300y, 50-100y is a cakewalk for this sight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, thanks for the posts.  I think an EOtech is in my future.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top