Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2006 2:30:03 PM EDT
Looks like Samson has a new front sight to work with there MRFS.

http://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/flip-sight.gif

a promo video is  on the home page
www.samson-mfg.com/

any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
That's badass.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
looks similar to the troy

but spring loaded like arms buis
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Though I'm not a fan of rail mounted front sights, I think that front sight is pretty nice.

It might look like a Troy but it has a couple of nicer features.  The spring loaded deployment and it uses standard front sight post.  The AK front sight post on the Troy always bugged the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
COOL Flip, I'm salivating
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Amazing... They took the two best parts about the Troy (easy and fast to deploy, and the simplicity of the mechanism and sight) and threw them out the window.

And I absolutely abhor that it looks so much like the Troy. I mean, couldn't they at least have styled it differently?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
looks awesome.  I wonder if they'll make a BUIS
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
looks similar to the troy

but spring loaded like arms buis

Or the PRI
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Looking forward on getting our hands on one.

me too...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
looks similar to the troyhr

Strange how it resembles the Troy. hr

I agree, strange ho the sight looks like Troy and Strange how their MRF Handguards also look like Troys.  I had a Troy Handguard and sights before.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Samson will have the barrel mounted version available at the SHOT show.
Here are the VERY first pics.  This is in the white. It will be anodized black for production
I don't have a price yet, but it will not be more than PRI

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/talonarms/FFSB2.jpg

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/talonarms/FFSB1.jpg

These pictures show the sight inside the slot for a A2 FSB of an MRFS MX-EBR rail system.

wooo..that looks great .Any chance they make one for a bull barrel  ( 0.936") ?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Love thia quote:

"A perfect match for the ARMS 40 A or L "

Seems like it would be a better match to the Troy rear...

I have to admit it seems like it would probably be slower to deploy the sight than the regular Troy front which is manual if you had a light mounted on the left rail which would mean you could not hold the rail and push the button the way they show it in the demo.  The thing I liked about the Troy front is you could just press your thumb on the rear and push forward and up to deploy or squeeze it and lift straight up.  Neither of these methods requires a firm hold of the forearm/rail area.  While the first ten seconds of thinking about the sight I was excited, I started thinking about its actual feature benefit and I think its probably slower and inferior to the Troy front flip.  The button would have to be VERY easy to push with a single finger and no support of the forearm with the other fingers of the off hand to make it faster to deploy than the Troy and it appears to require quite a bit of force from the video.  It certainly is slower for a left handed user to deploy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Love thia quote:

"A perfect match for the ARMS 40 A or L "

Seems like it would be a better match to the Troy rear...

I have to admit it seems like it would probably be slower to deploy the sight than the regular Troy front which is manual if you had a light mounted on the left rail which would mean you could not hold the rail and push the button the way they show it in the demo.  The thing I liked about the Troy front is you could just press your thumb on the rear and push forward and up to deploy or squeeze it and lift straight up.  Neither of these methods requires a firm hold of the forearm/rail area.  While the first ten seconds of thinking about the sight I was excited, I started thinking about its actual feature benefit and I think its probably slower and inferior to the Troy front flip.  The button would have to be VERY easy to push with a single finger and no support of the forearm with the other fingers of the off hand to make it faster to deploy than the Troy and it appears to require quite a bit of force from the video.  It certainly is slower for a left handed user to deploy.

Word.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Samson will have the barrel mounted version available at the SHOT show.
Here are the VERY first pics.  This is in the white. It will be anodized black for production
I don't have a price yet, but it will not be more than PRI

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/talonarms/FFSB2.jpg

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/talonarms/FFSB1.jpg

These pictures show the sight inside the slot for a A2 FSB of an MRFS MX-EBR rail system.

That, OTOH, is actually kinda neat.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:09:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I will reserve judgement till I use it in person.  It could be faster to deploy if you dont need to support the whole forearm.  They dont happen to have a complete satisfaction or your money back guarantee do they?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:31:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks alright to me.  I wonder if they could make it so the release is reversible (like some magazine catches) for those who want it the other way for whatever reason.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#24]

And for the record, when you sight down the barrel these won't look anything like Troy because they don't lean.

HAHAHA...badass. Also, Samson made Troy's rails for them, no surprise they look alike...DERP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This sight is the best option for a rail mounted sight because it has an AR15 front sight post, is F height, has push button deployment and it locks both up and down. It also will not have any alignment or canting problems because it clamps to the sides of the rails and not the top.
TalonArms.com

You had me at "AR15 front sight post".  

I only have one Troy on one rifle, but had to get a AK front sight wrench to zero the Troy.  

Common use of parts=good thing
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I like it.

I'll have to get one for my build.....let us know a price and when they will be able to ship.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Any chance they make one for a bull barrel ( 0.936") ?
thanks

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Barrel mounted sight anodized

Rob,

Very excited on this new front flip-up.

Can you post a pic of the bare sight (without the handguard) -- either mounted on a barrel or as-is?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#30]
It's the correct "F" height?  Crap.  I just found out there are two different sizes of rear carry handles the other day.  That's gotta get all these chopped carry handle users' panties in a bunch...

What's a KAC 300m designed for, F marked FSBs??
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top