Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2006 7:14:13 AM EDT
Wow I just got off of Leupolds web site looking at Mark 4 LR/T 3.5x10 and was overwelmed which one the SPR uses?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#1]
which ever fits your needs, adcofirearms.com offers spr's and sell leupolds as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the look of the 3x9-36 MRT for a SPRish rifle. To my eyes it looks better. If it is a dedicated long distance rig then by all means go with the 3.5x10, or better yet 4.5x14. I don't think you give up anything with th 3x9 over the 3.5x10 other than a weight.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The Mk4 3-9x36mm MR/T M1 or M3 series is the ones Leupold states were made specifically for the SPR.

Created specifically for the military’s new Special Purpose Rifle, an M-16-style sniper system, this scope delivers excellent capabilities for everything from 50 to 700 meters. Eye relief is optimized for AR-style systems and this scope is ideally sized for these relatively compact rifles.

www.leupold.com/products/tactical_products/Mark_4_3-9x36mm_MRT_M1_IR.htm
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok so now I'm closer but for some reason I cant see what the difference is between the M1 and the M3?  Heck for some reason I cant even get my brain to engage at all today.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok so now I'm closer but for some reason I cant see what the difference is between the M1 and the M3?  Heck for some reason I cant even get my brain to engage at all today.
Thanks,
Mike

The M1 knobs are 1/4 inch clicks, the M3 are BDC for 62gr m855, they are 1 MOA per click elevation and 1/2 MOA per click windage. I have the M3 and they work pretty good with my 18" MRP and 62gr. M855 or 77gr. Mk262.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
In my mind, if you can't see your target with a 9X scope, you and your 5.56 should move a little closer to the target!

But it REALLY is a matter of what ranges you think you'll be shooting.  Fit the SPR to your needs, not the other way around.  Makes no sense.  Unless you're not looking to actually shoot it and this is for information purposes only....to which I'd suggest that it's really a matter of what ranges you think you'll be shooting.  Fit the SPR to your needs, not the other way around.  Makes no sense.

Good luck!  FWIW I think the 3X9 platform is the most user friendly model that doesn't involve adjustable objectives or side focus.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top