Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:53:40 PM EDT
I need some help and some insight from you guys on the Optical Set up on my M4.  I currently have my TROY FBS on the rear, and I'd like to put my EOTech512 as far forward on the Receiver as possible to allow for room for an AimPoint Twist Mount( 3X magnifier attached)  behind the EOTech.  The problem is, when I try to mount the EOTech on the last notch on the receiver, the Bushy handguards sit just a little too high....thus the EOTech can not be mounted properly. I'd love to keep the Bushy handguards, and not go to a Rail System.  So I was wondering what should I do in this situation? I've seen some risers from YHM (specifically YHM226 3 slot 1/2" riser), and I've also seen LaRue's EOTech riser/mount....but I'm not really sure what would work out for me in this situation. And, if I use a riser like the YHM or LaRue, do I still need to use a spacer in AimPoint Twist Mount with the 3X magnifier? Please give me some advice guys...I'm getting anxious to complete my set up and shoot.

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Try this thread. My personal choice would be the LaRue mount. It raises the sight 1/4 inch. I think that 1/2 inch is too high.

Can't answer your question as to the twist mount. I have no experience with it.

Good luck.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:37:57 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, I had a similar situation when I owned the EoTech, my solution (since I had plenty of M4 Hgs around as several of my rifles have FF rails/SIR/RAS II) was to simply Dremel out a small notch into the the top handguard.

Worked just fine then and I didn't have spend more money on an item I did not need, (of course LaRue weren't even around at that time) and I much preferred to have my EO a a true co-witness height.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top