Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2006 11:32:38 AM EDT
I've been obsessed with the M4 since the 5th grade and this past July I finally broke down and decided to get one. I'm very new to the m4 scene and i can say I'm very impressed.  My only regret is living in illinois and not able to have a full auto upper. :(  Anyway the other day I ordered a AR-15 riser mount from tapco.com so I can attach the 3-9x40 scope i purchaced the other day from tapco.com as well.  I've been trying to take off the the Detachable cary handle and its impossilbe! Any suggestions? Do I need a special tool? brute strength?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a large half-dollar sized washer or similar object that will fit into the knobs of the CH. This added leverage should help you bust the nuts loose. If still more leverage is needed try clamping the washer in a pair of Vice Grips.

Quib
“Scouts-Out!”
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
thank ya!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top