Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:56:45 PM EDT
I'm currently using a Larue CCOM68 mount for my Aimpoint 3X magnifier but I'm considering switching to the Samson quick flip mount. I've found that I don't like having to attach and detach the magnifier. I end up not using it very much because of this. The Samson Quick Flip mount would make it more convenient easy to use the magnifier more often.

I know that the Samson mount will put the magnifier a little below the eyepiece of the Aimpoint (when it's in a Larue Cantilever mount). My question is is anyone using or tried this set-up? If so, did the high differential bother you or cause the view through the two optics to be constricted in any way? IIRC, the height difference is only 1/8".

I could always replace the Larue Cantilever mount with an ARMS 22M68 w/cantilever riser but I really like the Larue mount.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Matt B,

Is that the Larue LT150 mount you are using?  

I just wondered since I had the same type of question, but instead regarding the Larue 152 Aimpoint mount. I would also like to know the height of the Samson mounts for the Aimpoint magnifier in relation to Larue products.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm using a 129 for the Aimpoint and the 150 for the magnifier.

I know the Samson mounts is designed to be aligned with an ARMS 22M68 w/full spacer which means it will be slightly lower than the Larue "high" mounts. I just want to know how much this height difference really matters in the real world.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Matt, I don't think it's really an issue, especially since the 3X magnifier has internal "centering" adjustments, but why not "dremel up" a metal spacer plate to go between the Samson mount and 3X Magnifier body to make up the difference.  I think about .115" would be about right, the difference in mount height according to WES at MSTN.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Edwin, that is an excellent idea. Any excuse to dremel something!

Actually, I have a friend who's dying to put his new mill into use so I'll have him give me a hand with the spacer. I'll probably have to dig up some slightly longer screws as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Edwin, that is an excellent idea. Any excuse to dremel something!

Actually, I have a friend who's dying to put his new mill into use so I'll have him give me a hand with the spacer. I'll probably have to dig up some slightly longer screws as well.

Have him make several, I'd definitely be in for one although it's no rush at all.
I'm probably going to get a LaRue Tactical Aimpoint mount to replace the ARMS 22M68 that is going on another rifle with an Aimpoint M2, and while I'm at it I may replace my ARMS base on the Samson with a LaRue 17S upgrade (the ARMS base will be going on another laser project).

Keep me posted and many thanks.
Edwin
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top