Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:21:50 PM EDT
so, I searched but could not find mention of the following setup. I have seen photos and such, but not of this setup as the Dominator mount is the issue. So's, I need advice.

I have an AR15 that has an EOTech 512 + GG&G accucam mounted on an RRA EOTech Dominator mount. I also have the YHM 2 piece railed handguards. I was starting to consider the  Aimpoint 3x magnifier + Aimpoint twist off mount. given my setup above, could I even do it and how?  Would there be room on the Dominator for the Aimpoint 3x AND  the EOTech? Or do you have to move the EOTech off the  Dominator and onto the YHM rails to make room for the Aimpoint? If so, does that not  defeat the purpose of the Dominator mount/EOTech 512 setup? I guess I should know this  before I consider buying. thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
no, this will not work. There isn't enough room to mount the Aimpoint 3X and the Eotech on the Dominator mount. You could remove the Dominator mount and put the sight back down on the upper receiver then you'd have plenty of room. Of course you'd need to get a rear flip up sight and you'd no longer have any use for the Dominator mount. I wouldn't even consider mounting the Eotech on the YHM rail system since it's not a free float 1 piece rail. It won't hold zero on that rail system.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
so, I searched but could not find mention of the following setup. I have seen photos and such, but not of this setup as the Dominator mount is the issue. So's, I need advice.

I have an AR15 that has an EOTech 512 + GG&G accucam mounted on an RRA EOTech Dominator mount. I also have the YHM 2 piece railed handguards. I was starting to consider the  Aimpoint 3x magnifier + Aimpoint twist off mount. given my setup above, could I even do it and how?  Would there be room on the Dominator for the Aimpoint 3x AND  the EOTech? Or do you have to move the EOTech off the  Dominator and onto the YHM rails to make room for the Aimpoint? If so, does that not  defeat the purpose of the Dominator mount/EOTech 512 setup? I guess I should know this  before I consider buying. thanks!

I just traded for a Dominator mount myself, and I LOVE it, but this is that situation where I agree that the Dominator is NOT a good choice.

Sell the Dominator on the EE.

Purchase a LaRue EOTech mount and whatever your favorite folding rear BUIS happens to be.

That's all you need to be ready for the Aimpoint 3x magnifier.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

How is the quality on the yhm handguards?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is the quality on the yhm handguards?

I got to tell you, I am stoked with them. why someone would think they are not solid and not hold zero or are sturdy surprises me. They are very stout and sturdy. feel firm as hell, no slop, no play. do not know how much more of a better fit or quality would hold zero any better, but I am no pro. I have even seen people mount on them.

BTW, the setup I run has the EOTech on the top rail and just hangs over the delta ring just a tad.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top