Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 11:40:12 AM EDT
i have new yhm 2 pice rails ..

they are very tight..would this affect my zero??

i know they are not touching the barrel but they are putting pressure on it

via where they goin at the front sight"dont know what its called,"

and also on the barrel nut its self
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#1]
They won't affect your zero unless you are putting pressure on it with a Vertical Fore Grip , Bipod or Sling. If you have an optic mounted on the rails it's zero will change constantly. Are you worried about your iron sights zero or an optic's zero?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
the irons and i do have a grip installed
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I would think that if they are TIGHT, the zero will change when you put them on.  Once you get the gun rezeroed it won't move until you torque on the VG or remove the HG.  Just my take on it.  If you look at the site below you might get some info of assistance.

Mitch
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Pressure on the VFG will cause a slight POI shift, but at distances when VFG are most used you probably won't notice the shift.  Now if you're trying to put three rounds in one hole at 100+ yards you either need to ditch the VFG or FF the barrel.

Good Luck
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top